SIU Credit Union Presents The Art of Allowance Academy
Your kids are exposed to messages that emphasize spending before they’re even two years old. That’s why reinforcing healthy money habits when children are young is so important.
To help your family become money-empowered, you’re invited to take part in The Art of Allowance Academy on Tuesday, April 19th, at 5:30 pm CT. This unique, complimentary workshop features content curated for parents who want to raise money-smart children, a facilitator who is a youth financial literacy expert, and interactive elements that are designed to foster connection between all participants.
First, here’s a sampling of what you’ll learn:
- Why you need to set up an allowance for kids as young as five (and how to make it stick)
- The connection between allowance and chores
- Distinguishing between needs and wants is important, but have you heard of needlets?
- How to grow your program as your child ages and is ready to take on more responsibility
- Tips and tactics you can implement immediately to get your family started with key money-smart skills
These concepts will be presented to you live by John Lanza, creator of The Money Mammals and author of The Art of Allowance. John is a recognized thought leader in youth financial literacy and has been helping parents raise money-smart kids for over a decade.
Throughout the course, John will intersperse interactive components culminating in a lively Q & A session. If you have worries or questions about money, then this class will provide you with the resources and the community to tackle them.
For more information and to register for this workshop, click here. After registering, a confirmation email will be sent to you containing information about joining the event.
We hope you’ll take part in this interactive course that will get you excited to start a money-smart learning program with your children.