Make A Difference
The Board of Directors of SIU Credit Union is currently seeking volunteers to join one of its advisory committees. The committees are made up of SIU Credit Union members who have a passion for the credit union movement and want to help guide the credit union in providing the best products and services to its members.
- Must be a member in good standing.
- Must be bondable by the Credit Union’s fidelity bond company.
- Must authorize a criminal background check and credit check.
- Must be able to attend meetings in Carbondale or via video conference.
- Must complete a volunteer application.
- Supervisory Committee – The Supervisory Committee is responsible for the auditing of the books and affairs of the credit union to determine that the credit union’s accounting records and reports are prepared promptly and accurately. The committee ensures that internal controls are established and effectively maintained to safeguard the assets of the credit union, and that policies, procedures and practices are being properly administered. This committee meets bi-monthly, on the second Thursday of the month at Noon in Carbondale.
- ALCO – The Asset Liability Committee is responsible for policies and practices relating to the operating budget, the financial plan, funds management and investment activities of the credit union. This committee monitors the financial performance of the credit union and reviews the investment transactions for the purpose of ensuring policy compliance. This committee meets quarterly at noon in Carbondale.
Return Completed Application to:
SIU Credit Union
Attn: Executive Administrative Assistant
P.O. Box 2888
Carbondale, IL 62902-2888
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org