World Kindness Day is Monday, Nov. 13. Celebrate this extraordinary day by spreading a little more kindness in the world. Here are some ideas:
- Do an anonymous act of goodwill. You can stick a quarter into a parking meter that is nearing expiration, move a large branch from the center of the sidewalk or pick up and place a fallen grocery store item on its shelf.
- Call your child’s teacher to thank them for all they do for your son or daughter.
- Volunteer. Take a shift at the local soup kitchen for the day.
- Pay it Forward. Tell the person in front of you at the coffee shop that it’s on you today.
- Thank a community worker. Have you told your mail carrier how much you appreciate their hard work? Show your appreciation with a warm drink, a homemade pastry or just a sincere thank you.
- Call a relative. Pick up the phone and let someone know how much they mean to you.
- Donate. How much did you spend on your dinner today? Donate a matching amount to your favorite charity.
- Do something special for your family. Remember: Charity begins at home. Have a family game night, bake a special dessert or spend time just listening to a loved one without judgement.
Your Turn: What acts of kindness have you done today? Share your random acts of kindness with us!